Live / Strong Foundations: Planning, Purchasing, and Protecting Play and Recreational Surfacing
Includes a Live Web Event on 10/19/2022 at 2:00 PM (EDT)
Strong Foundations: Planning, Purchasing, & Protecting Play and Recreational Surfacing
Choosing a compliant playground surfacing under and around playground equipment is one of the most important factors in reducing the likelihood of injuries. Strong Foundations explores the features and benefits of various surfacing options in outdoor play, addresses current standards and criteria, and highlights case examples that will inspire ways to add additional play value to your parks and playgrounds. The session will review a step-by-step process and discuss considerations when selecting, purchasing, installing, and maintaining your safety surface.
- Describe the features and benefits of various surfacing options and how impact absorbing, accessible surfacing can be the most important factor in reducing the likelihood of life-threatening injuries on playgrounds.
- Outline best practices, considerations, and strategies when planning, purchasing, and protecting your surfacing investment.
- Summarize how surfacing can be utilized to increase the overall play value and experiences for children, families, and communities in local parks.
- Utilize standards, criteria, inspection tools, and other resources to assist with the evaluation, selection, and other processes involved in safety surfacing.
Vice President Technical Product Management
Lloyd Reese has 30 years’ experience in the ideation and development of products serving the play and recreation market. He actively serves on numerous ASTM, CSA, and ISO play related committees and is currently vice chair of ASTM F08.63 Playground surfacing systems. Lloyd is also a founding member of IPEMA and is currently serving his second term as president of that organization, in addition to chairing the IPEMA surfacing certification program and serving on the equipment certification committee.
Karim Odeh is a Regional Sales Manager for PlayCore's surfacing division. He has been in the recreation industry for over 4 years and is a Certified Instructor for PlayCore's Center for Outreach, Research, and Education, focusing on the Strong Foundations program. He received his Bachelor's degree from Tennessee Technological University in International Business and Cultures.
City of Fremont / Fremont, CA
Inés Palacios, PhD (Moderator)
Training & Professional Development Manager
PlayCore / CORE
Inés is responsible for promoting the value of recreation for people of all ages and abilities. She provides continuing educational opportunities, professional development, and research that supports recreation and play while generating partnerships and alliances in the field. She joined the PlayCore team in August 2013 after obtaining her PhD in Parks, Recreation and Tourism from NC State University. Before joining PlayCore, she was an instructor at NC State University in the Parks, Recreation and Tourism Management Department. In addition, she has experience in event planning, program management, research, and national presentations. Inés is based out of Raleigh, NC.
This session will offer the following credits:
|0.1 IACET CEU / ||1.0 AIA HSW LU /|| 1.0 LA CES HSW PDH|
CEUs for a total of 1 Professional Development Hours (0.1 IACET CEU / 1.0 AIA HSW LU / 1.0 LA CES HSW PDH) will be provided to learners meeting the following requirements:
- Be present for 95% of the duration of the learning event;
- Participate in activities and discussion throughout;
- Complete assessment with 80% mastery of learning outcome;
- Complete feedback/evaluation survey.
To obtain your CEU, please visit the "Event Details" tab above to complete the associated components for this event.
The instructors of this training webinar are employed by PlayCore and disclose an interest in attendees partnering with PlayCore on their play and recreation initiatives.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|